Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Midterm - AudioBoo - with course objectives

Design meaningful and authentic digitally based learning experiences with multiple and varied assessments - Before taking this class I didn’t know the difference between a blog, a webinar, or a podcast even though I have heard about them before. Once I started creating my blog, I really liked it and could definitely see myself using it in my future classroom. I imagine myself using it on a daily or weekly basis for students to interact with each other out of the classroom. Students would answering questions, ask questions and chat with peers about assignments. Having them use a blog would benefit their typing skills, digital etiquette skills, and communication skills with others. Watching  different webinars was helpful for some assignment so far. At first the webquest scared me. I was nervous and anxious to do it because it was something new. Once I started it, I realized that its pretty easy and flows really well. The webquest is really like a virtual lesson plan that can be interactive for students that need more visual stimulation. They can become something, in my case, a droplet of water and travel through the water cycle to experience it in a new way. I think that I have started to meet this course objective in some ways with the blog, watching webinars and certainly by doing this AudioBoo podcast.
Learn ways to promote student reflection using collaborative tools to reveal and clarify students’ conceptual understanding -  One tool that we used in class that I found really intriguing and didn’t know existed before now was Padlet. This is a great tool that you can use in the classroom to pop up a question and have everyone answer at one time to see if they are understanding the lesson so far. If they are not, that is where they can write “I am stuck.  or “ please help me with this part”.” Most teachers in my school use red, yellow and green cups on the students desks to let the teacher know if they are struggling during a lesson. Using Padlet is much more productive and probably faster. The answers are just at their fingertips.

Demonstrate an understanding of safe, ethical, legal and moral practices related to digital information and technology. - Learning all about Digital Etiquette and how teachers and parents should teach their children starting at a young age about what it means was interesting. I really liked that when I read about Digital Etiquette most of the ideas behind it go by the “golden rules” such as treat others they way you want to be treated, use appropriate language while on the internet, because unlike having a conversation with someone in person, all they have are your words and your words can express the opposite of what you may be feeling through the text.

Illustrate through application how state and national standards are implemented within the curriculum and NH-ICT Literacy Standards for K-12 Students (Ed 306.42)) - I have learned about some of the Common Core Standards and ISTE Standards and am looking forward to learning more about how I can attach them to any piece of curriculum that I will be teaching in the future. I think that its good that we have standards here in New Hampshire to use as a guideline for what students need to know to become a successful learner. I would like to learn more about each standard so I can become more familiar with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment